Monday, February 2, 2015

Coloradough Pizza

 Coloradough Pizza

To change up Eating Club, we wanted to meet at one of the group member's homes and enjoy some pizza. Looking up pizza on Yelp, Coloradough Pizza has almost 100 reviews since opening less than a year ago. What is amazing is how high those reviews are! We couldn't ignore it, we had to see what made this place so special.
At first I was a little put off by the lack of business etiquette. I called and they were closed. I tried to find a website, it didn't exist. I finally got a hold of them later in the day and was very impressed at how fun, friendly, and down to earth both of the brothers (owners) were, and could tell that they were new to this, and young. I could also tell that they loved what they were doing and were excited about feeding so many local moms in Parker, a great way to get their name out there. They took down our large order a week ahead of time and said we were good to go. They even offered a 10% discount since our group was ordering so much, and considering how cheap their pizzas are, we were getting a lot of food for a steal.

As the day approached I gave them a call to change a few of our orders. I got an answering machine that said something horrible, like they got a bad order of cheese (or something like that). I couldn't tell if this was legit or a joke. I was worried. I tried to email them, but then got some message online that they weren't in business or something like that. I was utterly confused. I left a voice message, and heard back from one of the brothers later that day totally apologizing. Unfortunately they had lost the details of my order, which was a little disconcerting, but I gave it to them again with the changes. 

When the day came, I arranged when I was going to come by and pick up all of the pizzas. They had things squared away and even let me borrow their pizza carriers that keep the pizzas warm. I came in, met them in person, was very impressed by their characters, and received rave reviews from a couple that were eating there about the homemade cheesecake slices that these boys' mom makes. Their family lives in Highlands Ranch and their mom helps out by making cheesecakes that you can get slices of for a great price as well.

I brought all of the pizzas back to my friend's home and we set them all out for everyone to eat and enjoy. Unfortunately due to the large group and not getting to eating them right away, the pizzas were on the colder side. They were still very good, but not as good as we were expecting based on what Yelp said. The Aspen and the Spinach Feta were our favorites, and many liked the Hawaiian with fresh jalapenos as an added option. I am not rating Coloradough pizza as a "Great eats" because I had expected more, however for the price, the owners, and the service, the taste was pretty good that we should all try it again warmer and fresher.
Photo courtesy of coloradoughpizza.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment.