Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Armando's Ristorante Italiano

Armando's Ristorante - Parker

Last night we had our first Eating Club where we took pictures of our meals and wrote a brief review of the dish we ordered. This is momentous! Now all of you can hear others' opinions, not just mine! Plus you will be able to see pictures of the dishes, see pricing, and hear what we thought. In a nutshell we received great service from beginning to end, but most of us will probably not choose to eat there again, here's why...
First off I called the day before we were coming to let Armando's know we would have a party of 10-15 women. They were very professional and friendly in taking our reservation, and even when I called 30 minutes prior to our reserved time with a number of 15-20 people now, they took it in stride. When we arrived we had a nice long table set up in the back that would fit 20 people, which we were totally surprised that we filled! Typically we have 10 people that come on a regular basis so it was a lot of fun seeing friends that haven't been in awhile. Here is what we thought:


Small Panettiere Pizza: $11.95
"Out of 5 stars I'd rate the pizza a 2.5. There was not any basil on the pizza which is one of the reasons why I ordered it. Since I was sharing it with a friend I didn't want to say anything and honestly I didn't notice until I had eaten a piece. Wouldn't have wanted to wait for another one anyways. The crust seemed a little soggy but it was better leftover [the next day]. Tomatoes didn't seem super fresh either." K.S.











Chicken Piccata: $17.95
"Cooked well, but not a very strong flavor. I would rate it a 5 out of 10." C.L.











Chicken Parmigiana substituted with the pasta agliolio instead of pasta and red sauce: $16.95

"It was soooooo yummy." H.F.










Chicken Parmisiania: $14.95
"First, loved the garlic knots and marinara and then my entree met all my expectations. Plus, I polished off nearly 4 glasses of water and was grateful for a good waiter that made sure my glass didn't stay empty for too long." N.Y.













Cesar salad & soup of the day 
"Stretch-i-talia" 

"So going into dinner I wasn't that hungry (my girls and I ate chocolate cake after school) and after seeing the food prices I didn't want to pay that much for something I didn't know for sure was with it. The salad was fine. The soup...the base flavor was good, but the tortellini was not cooked all the way. And the surrounding white stuff, quite possibly a dumpling like substance was weird. Like dumplings that had separated. I didn't get a real meal there, but based on the soup I wouldn't go back." K.R.





Angel Hair Alfredo: $13.95

"I consistently order this dish at every Italian restaurant that I go to. At Armando's this dish lacked flavor. The garlic knots that were served on the side were delicious." L.N.








Small Meat Lovers Pizza: $11.95

"Unfortunately my taste buds were not working on the night we went to Armando's due to a head cold. From the very little I could taste, the complimentary garlic knots were very good...or they looked and felt delicious. My pizza seemed fine, but like I mentioned, I really couldn't taste it. I was however very impressed with how our waiter handled getting everyone's order, keeping drinks filled, and getting us our checks in the end. That is hard to do with a large party like ours." M.C.

 Small Traditional Margherita Pizza: $11.95

"The garlic knots we got as an appetizer were delicious. And the service was great: drinks kept filled, orders for our large group were kept organized and came out in a reasonable time. The pizza was disappointing. It was quite soggy and lacked flavor. It wasn't awful, just not something I would get again and not something to make me want to come back." K.F.











 Carrot Cake: $?
"The carrot cake was good!" A.M.











As I get more pictures and reviews from our big group that went last night I will add them to the list. Our Eating Club is for fun and to catch up with each other and take a break from our busy schedules. It is completely optional to "write a review" and so although we had 19 ladies last night I will provide the reviews I get. 


Thanks Armando's for giving us a chance to get together, eat and socialize.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment.